Wednesday, February 9, 2011

El cometa means comet. La cometa means kite.

Currently, I find myself studying for my first test here in Costa Rica. Learning spanish here has been quite a fufilling experience. For once, I am finally learning all the conversational skills I have missed out on in a formal class room setting. Second, my actual spanish classes focus on the details that often were overlooked the first time we learned something. For example, when were learned masculine and feminine, I definitely learned only about two exceptions. Now, I am learning quite a few more (thus the title of this post). 

However, I do need to study. So tomorrow night I promise a fulfilling post. For tonight, some pictures and captions will have to suffice. 

My host niece, Miranda. I spend about as much time doing homework as I do playing barbie with her (that being alot of hw and alot of barbie).

My host sister Fer, and Miranda.

This is a slightly scattered collection of pictures. This is the upstairs library in the ACM building where my spanish learning happens. 

The view out of the door of my room in my house, looking towards the tv room and then the dining room and kitchen. I can usually find all of my six new family members in one of these locations.

Outside the Church of San Pedro, where I get off the bus every day to go to school in the morning. 

Tracks of the train we took to the site of a field trip today (an organic farm). Stay tuned to hear stories and to see pictures! 
A mural along the tracks - "Either we begin planting trees, or we bring the end"

Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment